Earlier this summer, I was invited to share my thoughts on online education in an interview hosted by Dr. Will Deyamport, III as part of his podcast series [The Dr. Will Show Podcast]. It was a really neat experience. Some of the questions and topics address include:
- Where does online learning come into play (when looking at different models, school missions, and varying ways to delivery instruction)?
- How does teaching and learning change when the classroom can be accessed via any device connected to the internet?
- What is the learning curve for teachers in learning how to design and deliver instruction via a Learning Management System?
- What are some of the skills needed to be an effective instructional designer of online learning?
- Where do you see online education going within the next 5 to 10 years?
- What do you say to those educators or individuals who believe online education is a fad or doesn’t deliver on providing the same quality of education as face-to-face instruction?
Here is a link to audio podcast: